Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2010 Desk Calendar


It is about time I get a post that has something new on it right?! I have been a busy girl lately!
I have been working on getting the photography end of my business up and going and at the same time I have been working on Christmas cards (COMING SOON!!! REALLY REALLY SOON!!! YAY!!!)
I have also been trying to come up with ideas for gifts for the holidays. One very obvious one is the calendar for the new year. I usually end up spending HOURS getting calendars put together and then even more money to print and bind them for me, parents, and grandparents....

Not this year!



This calendar is in 5x7 format. I simply printed them out and then found an unfinished wood frame. I painted it and then put vinyl polka dots on. I added a ribbon around it too (I thought about it AFTER I took the picture...of course! whoops! :) hehe!) The whole year worth of calendars fit right inside the frame. Even better!

Total cost for me to do this project was about $10.00. You can even find finished frames and forgo the painting and stuff too.




I have clients that are familiar with Photoshop and clients who aren't. I started out this project thinking I would do it one way only to stop a few months in and change my mind on how I would do it. So here are how things ended up:

PHOTOSHOP USERS:

-You will receive 12 months worth of 5x7's one for each month of 2010.
-They will be in .png and .jpeg but use the .png format so that you can quickly slide your pictures in behind it (like a quick page) and print off.

-You can also choose to embellish these calendars more than the standard file that you will get. (see framed calendar above!) If you do...please keep in mind to watch your edges!!! Bleed room: (where printers cut off) I recommend 1/4 inch all the way around your print. You do not have to embellish, the calendar pages were designed to look great whether you add more to it or not!


NON-PHOTOSHOP USERS:

-You will receive 12 months worth of 5x7's...one for each month of 2010

-They will be in .png and .jpeg formats. Use the folder marked .jpeg and upload to the print center of your choice.

-When you receive your prints, you will notice a white or black square in the middle of your frames. Using a punch or scissors, carefully cut out the square and then use your photos behind the calendar print.

-You can choose to embellish your calendars with papers, ribbons, flowers, rub-ons, etc. for a more personal touch but these calendars were designed to look great even if they are left "as-is"!
Once payment is received, your files will be emailed to you
(include your email when submitting payment so I know where to send the files! :)


$3.00





4 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute Rach!! I can't wait to use them! PERFECT gifts!!! Thank you! Hope you are haveing a good day! Loves!

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Now this is cool!!!

Brandi said...

Will also be buying these for gifts! Yay for creative friends that give great ideas!:)
Love ya!:)

Heather said...

Rach...What a fantastic idea! You are awesome. I'm getting my card out now! Thanks!